Saturday, October 12, 2013

Manhater (2010 screener DVD)



I'm your dream girl, Rob, but you can't keep me in a cage! - Enyo

Storytime, Happy Horror fans.  I have a nasty habit of putting things off, and that sometimes gets in the way of my obligations.  Three or four years ago, right after I had a bout of computer trouble that kept me offline for the most part, I was given the opportunity to review this film for Canyon Falls Productions.  I accepted the offer, but I didn't get a chance to watch the film or review it like I wanted to then.  Now, for this Happy Horrorween, I finally go through with what I intended to do then.

The storyline is this: following a series of bad relationships, culminating in a marriage to a very abusive man, Vonda has decided that all men are scum.  Staying with a friend, she starts wallowing in misery, when her friend suggests she go to a local mystic, Eileen.  After weeks of talking out her feelings to Eileen, she's given a potion to help make her forget all her troubles.  When she drinks it, she passes out onto her bed and beside it appears Enyo... a spirit born and driven by Vonda's hatred for her exes.  Now, they're dying one by one, and unless Vonda can find a way to stop her, Enyo will completely ruin her life.

I can't believe I waited as long as I did to watch this film.  It's a low budget one, but the acting was great, the special effects were amazing and the film score fit the film perfectly (and won an award for Best Original Soundtrack at the Idyllwild International Festival of Cinema 2010).  I really enjoyed this one.

I give it a 5 out of 5.  If you want to see some more about the film, and find out how to get it for yourself, head over to http://www.manhatermovie.com/home.html or http://www.manhatermovie.com/store/, either site works okay.  Back to the normally established movie reviews tomorrow, but next Saturday will be another "lost film".  Until then, take care of yourselves and this is Red Hawk signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment